Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer Days...a retrospective...

Ahoy, yo.

Every day I think of something to blog (no, really), but...well, a whole summer at home with the boys took up 99% of the time (the other 1% I was sleeping or reading or knitting or making jewelry or sitting out on the back steps while my eyes rolled around independently in their sockets o_0).

BUT! Summer is over! School started yesterday--Sammy started 3rd grade (so we shook hands in lieu of me hugging and kissing him before school) and Little E is in the 1st grade now (yeah, I hugged his head in a manner that was humorous to him and his friends, but still satisfied my need for MOMMA HUG BABBY).

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SUMMER:

My older brother came back in late June for his annual Return to America with students from the junior high where he teaches. He arrived bearing gifts, including this...well, I guess it's a teddy bear, for Jasper:


  • Sam learned that turning too abruptly while riding his bike (which is some kind of BMX style bicycle, the handlebars/front part can spin a full 360) leads to spectacular falls.
  • Sam also learned the meaning of the term "road rash."
  • Eddie learned how to ride a 2 wheeler!
  • I learned that I am not quite suited to running alongside a nervous 6 year old as he's learning to ride a 2 wheeler #nervousmommy
  • Both boys learned that sometimes kids are mean, sometimes some kids say things to hurt other kids, and that, in fact, some kids say swears and flip other kids off :(

Such a summer. A list of the things Jasper did could be another entry in and of itself, so maybe I'll do that.

*Also: if you thought the part where my older brother and mother think my tattoos are offensive was AWESOME, you're in for a real treat here soon!) #detailsarecoming #teaser 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love questions, ideas, suggestions, and general howdys, and I like to respond on here, so be sure and check back!