Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day Trip from Hell

Here's something fun! What started as a quick trip up to Omaha to drop the boys off at Grandma's has turned into a huge mess. The head gasket on the van blew right as we pulled off the interstate. The van was overheating and white smoke was billowing, it was a tense trip into LaVista. We made it to the house, and discovered that the oil was soapy frothy, and that there was oil in the coolant. So we are currently waiting for my brother to come here to take Big Eddie, Jasper, and myself back home.
This is not how I pictured today going--an inane statement, I know, but I'm pretty upset right now. Mainly with myself, because coming up here was my idea, Grandma said she'd come down and pick the boys up but nooooo, I had to be headstrong and push ahead with my own plans. Now we have no vehicle, Big Eddie's missing work, and I feel rotten for orchestrating this whole mess.

What a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love questions, ideas, suggestions, and general howdys, and I like to respond on here, so be sure and check back!