Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

InkyMama dissected--Or, I'm an AWESOME list maker.

I will say it again--I'm quite new to blogging. Hell, I'm quite new to thinking I have anything to say that's worth writing down. I am still figuring out my voice, and as such, I was not sure if I should post this or not. I wondered if I should "keep it (this blog) light," or restrict it to one topic only. But...I knew when I was starting this that I would have a hard time keeping to one topic, be it crafts, knitting, tattoos, mommyhood, or what have you. And the fact that one of the few blogs I follow is written by a woman to whom nothing is off-limits factored into my decision as well. I don't want to feel like I have to censor myself. Now, nothing I say here is "shocking" or a "great revelation," it's just that for so long I've squashed my voice that even making a (partial) list about myself is a pretty big deal.


So here you go. This is by no means an exhaustive list, and the placement of entries is in no particular order. Also, I need to quit stalling and just hit "publish post."

I am: a woman
         in a relationship with my best friend and partner
         a mother of three
         thirty years old
         extensively tattooed
         empathetic, sensitive, supportive
         actually quite tall

I have: mad baking skillz
           a tendency to overanalyze
           a Boston Terrier
           bipolar disorder
           ADHD
           a gigantic collection of books
           dyed hair
           a loud voice
         
I can: knit and crochet quite well
         read extremely fast
         make amazing pie crusts
         make a mean latte
         appreciate the talents others have that I do not
       
I'm learning: how to be my authentic self
                   self discipline
                   brevity
                   assertiveness
                   very basic beginner baby HTML
                                    
I'm trying: to not apologize so much for everything
                to be consistent
                to keep on top of housework
                some new knitting techniques
                to improve my memory
               
I want: an ice-cold Mexican Coke
           to play a slot machine
           to not feel the need to excuse myself for who I am
           to dye my hair again
           to make wickedly cool stamped metal jewelry
           to have my knuckles tattooed eventually
           to learn how to draw

I need: a tea kettle
           to call my Grandmother
           to stand up straighter
           to stop worrying
           a new pair of jeans
           to drink more water
           to relax.           
               
I left out some things--like my love of M*A*S*H, Doctor Zhivago, red velvet cake, Little House on the Prairie, and twitter. BUT REST ASSURED, they are on my list of "AWESOME."

Also, the list of blogs I follow is embarrassingly small, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know, as I'm always looking for great ones to read (that means if you have a blog, I really really want to read it!)       

1 comment:

  1. OK, tatoo mama, let your voice out of the bottle. Uncork it and let the genie, and genius, fly. What's to lose? Finding your voice, to change metaphors mid-stream, may be something like finding the coin you've tossed, long ago, into the wishing well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love questions, ideas, suggestions, and general howdys, and I like to respond on here, so be sure and check back!